Since having my own baby, I have discovered a few products that I LOVE…because they work. I am a very practical person and cannot stand products that don’t hold up to their promises. As I write this, I am rocking my baby boy to sleep with one foot and once he is asleep, I’ll be running around the house trying to get 20 things done at once. Until then, I thought I would list off some products I have found to be, “essential” for this postpartum fog I am currently living in.
1) Zutano Booties. They stay on their feet and keep them warm! http://www.zutano.com/shop/category/newborn-and-baby-booties/
2) Medela Soothies Nipple Gels. For your sore nipples! http://amzn.to/1CmtRSG
3) Earth Mama Angle Baby nipple butter. This, with the combination of the Soothies Nipple Gels- saved me! http://earthmamaangelbaby.com/products/natural-nipple-butter
4) Glamourmom Nursing Tank. I didn’t realize I would be LIVING in my nursing tanks. This one is supportive, long in length and helps hold in my squishy belly. https://www.glamourmom.com/store/shopexd.asp?id=46
5) Swaddle Me blankets. Our baby boy loves his straight jacket, I mean, swaddle blanket. http://www.summerinfant.com/swadding/swaddleme
6) Aden and Anis blankets! Need I say more? http://www.adenandanais.com/en-us/content/swaddles.aspx
7) Moby Wrap. Our boy loves being wrapped in this and don’t worry, it’s not as hard to use as you think! Just watch their video on the website. http://mobywrap.com/
8) Lactation Cookies. Not really a product but still something I consider essential. It was impossible to find a small container of Brewer’s Yeast at a local grocery store, so I had to purchase a huge tub of it but I hope to make several batches down the road for friends, clients, etc. I made a large batch and froze them, they made for a really good snack in those first few weeks postpartum. Here is the link to the recipe (Major Milk Makin’ Cookies) I used. http://www.drmomma.org/2010/08/lactation-cookies-recipe-increasing.html
Ok, at this point, I think that’s all I have for you and my boy is finally asleep! Onto laundry, dishes and maybe a shower if I’m lucky.